Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My cat wont eat, he sleeps and drinks alot of water. His mouth

My cat won't eat, he sleeps and drinks alot of water. His mouth won't open all the way and when my brother pressed on his gums, he bled alittle. My other cats are fine and we don't know what's wrong with him.
Hello!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

How long has this been going on?
Does your cat's breath small really foul?
Do his gums seem red and angry?

Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, his breath is really foul, and his gums really do seem red. It's been going on for about 3 or 4 days now.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm just really worried because he's one of my babies and we all here love him very much
Thanks for the information.

This is likely a condition caulled feline stomatitis. This is when the gums around the base of the teeth suddenly become very red, very sore, bleed easily and often foul breath accompanies it. This can be painful enough to cause cats to not eat. It is a fairly common condition and often treated with antibiotics or steroids and sometimes will pulling teeth associated with the affected gums (in severe cases). Since your cat has not been eating for this long he'll need to see the vet right away so he doesn't get fatty liver (liver failure) for not eating for more than three days. Your vet can start him eating quickly but you don't want to wait too long. Feed him canned food or soft foods until you can see the vet.

I hope this helps, best wishes.
Dr. Dan