Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet experience in medicine and surgery.
19741892

how can you tell if your kitten is dying

how can you tell if your kitten is dying?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 3 years ago.
Hello there,

What symptoms does the cat have?

How long have they been going on?

How old is the cat?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He wont move but is breathing and he will move his head from time to time. He wont drink anything or cry. He is about a month old and it has been going on for like 2 hours his left eye looks infected and wont close
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 3 years ago.
Has he been vaccinated and wormed?

Is he still nursing or on solid food?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no he hasn't and he is still nursing
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 3 years ago.
If he is still nursing he could have aspirated some of the milk into the lungs. That will cause a serious infection in the lungs. Kittens that do not eat do not last long. If he is not moving much and is not eating the situation is not good. The blood sugar and body temperature will both drop quickly in these cases. if he will not eat, small amounts of Karo syrup or paste made with table sugar and warm water can be rubbed onto the gums to get energy into the kitten. If it is going to work there will be improvement within 20 minutes. The kitten may also need to be on a heating pad set on low. If he lasts through the day he should be checked over by your vet in the morning.
Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience: 12 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet experience in medicine and surgery.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
he is dead but thanks for your help