Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Why does my cat seem to have runny stool a lot of the time

Why does my cat seem to have runny stool a lot of the time? I've also noticed that his anus looks red and sore
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This runny stool could be caused by a digestive disturbance that has not been allowed to heal. The best thing to do is to fast Piglet for 24 hrs/At the same time, give her 1/4 of an Imodium AD 2 mg caplet every 8 hrs. After the fast, give her a small meal of rice and chicken. if this has resolved, then she will be fine. If this has not helped, then she may be suffering from Inflammatory Bowel Disease which will require specific treatments by your vet., the first thing that your vet will try is a Hypoallergenic diet such as Royal Canin Hypoallergenic Cat Food.

Good Luck!

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

The caplets are full of powder. How do you suggest I administer this?

Purchase the caplets that are actual pills.....if they are a powder, you will have to estimate 1/4 of this powder.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Loretta

I think we only get the powdered ones in the UK. If it is powder how do i get Piglet to eat it without being able to give him food?Should i find a way to pour it in his mouth?

Mix a little of his powder with a small amount of Molasses...this you ca place on Piglets nose and he will be forced to lick this off....
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience: 25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.