CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

Our kitten ate liquid laundry detergent. Took her to the vets.

Our kitten ate liquid laundry detergent. Took her to the vets. It was going to be very expensive to keep her there. She sounds wheezy. Do we need to keep her at the vets or can we monitor her at home? Thank you.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

What are they doing while there?

Is she eating, drinking, and otherwise normal?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Her eye is closing. She may have soap in it. She is not acting normal. She has vomited, had diarrhea, and has a rattle in her breathing.
From your history - it would seem to be a good idea to keep her there for evaluation.

If she is vomiting and having diarrhea - this can lead to dehydration and a low blood sugar.

Moreover, if there are breathing changes - that would be another great reason for her to be monitored closely.
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.