Dr. Jenn
Dr. Jenn, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal medicine since 2004 with 15 years in feline rescue.

My cat has scabby cat disease , everything has been eliminated

My cat has "scabby cat disease", everything has been eliminated like fleas, ticks, worms, change of food, cat litter. The only thing I think it can be is hormonal. When she was neutered at 6 months she was very ill and had to stay in at the vets' surgery for three days, the vet said she was "a bit small". It was after this that her skin got bad, until then she had been OK. Have you any suggestions if it is hormonal and how do I prove it, please. She is a seven year old Persian
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Jenn :

Has she been tested for mites and ringworm (fungus)? What food do you feed?

Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She has Royal Canin Persian 30 dry. Royal Canin s/o 34 veterinary (which my other cat, not related to her, has to have so she pinches it), and recently, in addition, a small tin of Gourmet Gold Ocean Fish daily - none of these makes her better or worse.

She has Neoral Ciclosporin 4ml every other day from a skin specialist vet, but over the past few weeks she has been malting very badly and doing nothing but licking and throwing up fur balls so I gave in and she had a steroid injection which has made her not so frantic and the bald patches are not so red. But she is still lumpy and licking.

She has had worming tablets.
Expert:  Dr. Jenn replied 3 years ago.
Since she is still lumpy, ti sounds like she would benefit from a course of systemic antibiotics. If we are dealing with a food allergy she would need to be changed to a duck and green pea formula, and that is all she would be allowed to eat. It can take 2 months to see results. She should also get a flavorless hair ball remedy a few times weekly. I would also get FELIWAY, a pheromone, which may help decrease the amount of licking she is doing. I would be sure she has been tested for ringworm!
Dr. Jenn, Veterinarian
Experience: Practicing small animal medicine since 2004 with 15 years in feline rescue.