Cat Health Questions? Ask a Cat Vet for Answers ASAP.
Hi, Can you tell me about how much he ate and if it was in small pieces or larger pieces? Also was there any chemicals or anything on the pad or just the pad itself?
Also, was it the steel wool pad or the scratchless (with the green poly cover)?
the pad was mostly used. A bit of rust and it was wet from use last night. It had some small bits of food in it as well. But not a lof of soap. It was brillo, like the brand, so whatever kind of soap that is... Yellow soap I guess. He ate it a while ago, and seems fine. Sleeping and playing is normal. It was the steel wool kind, like the three or four use kind
I also dont think he ate it. It was just ripped up on the floor. He stopped playing with it though. Got bored.
I think he was just playing
If he ingested any of it, there are a couple things to watch. The ingredients in the pad can irritate the esophagus and stomach, but since it was mostly used, he probably didn't ingest any of that or enough to be an issue. The steel wool portion can also cause irritation as it moves through the gi tract, or obstruction if enough is ingested (we see this more often in dogs). I would watch him for not feeling well, lethargy, vomiting, or not wanting to eat. If you notice any of these, I would get him into your vet for an exam. If he continues to eat and drink normally and act normal, things should be fine.
Sounds good. Thank you so much. Have a good day