CriticalCareVet
CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
17828336

Do cats get headaches I have a 9 year old female and she acts

Do cats get headaches? I have a 9 year old female and she acts like she has a headache.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed veterinarian and would be glad to help!

Is she eating?

Drinking?

Vomiting?

Diarrhea?

-
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no she's not eating She is drinking a small amount of water She is no vomiting She does not have diarrhea at this time
Often in these cases we "think" they have signs similar to headaches, but this is something which is not able to be tested for - it is something which people complain about, but we need them to complain to understand their head hurts.

In these cases, we have can say it is possible when they have signs of discomfort such as pupil changes in their eyes, squinting, holding the head down, annoyance by light...

But we need to look for the underlying cause - especially if there are other signs of illness such as not eating and only drinking small amounts of water.

If she continues to feel ill, today or tomorrow (before the weekend) I would see your veterinarian for a check-up - to see if there is any specific area of pain or discomfort tht is causing this. If nothing on the examination is positive, routine bloodwork may be reasonable to be safe.
_____________________________________________________________________
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian