Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet experience in medicine and surgery.

my cat wont eat or drink he just wants to lay down and sleep.

my cat wont eat or drink he just wants to lay down and sleep. thus just happened from one day to the next. one day he was eating and drinking and pooping fine and now he does not even want to walk. but i have noticed that he has a weird tick that his never had before only on the right side of his face. it just jerks and then stops and then jerks again. his breathing is slow and in short puffs.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 5 years ago.
Hello there,

Does the cat go outside?

Has the cat been vaccinated and screened fr feline leukemia and AIDS?

How long has this been going on?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

Is he urinating and defecating at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no my cat is an indoor cat, but recenty ran away for half a day. he stayied right next to my house in the bushes. then he came back in when i got home at 3pm. so he was out from 8:30am to 3pm.
yes his negative on both of them.
today is the second day his been like this.
no vomiting no diarrhea
no pee or poop for two days to.
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 5 years ago.
If he has not urinated for 2 days, the situation is very serious. He is either very dehydrated or there is a bladder obstruction. Both can be fatal. If this has been going on for over 24 hours, he needs to be examined as soon as possible. There is nothing to try at home. If he was outside there could be trauma, toxin ingestion, fever or infection in addition to possible bladder problems.