Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of experience in small animal internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have panacur paste (for horses) and want to use it on cats

I have panacur paste (for horses) and want to use it on cats at our Humane Society shelter as we cannot afford individual pills. What dosage would be appropriate in ml to lbs?

Hello, I am Dr. Peter and would like to help. In response to your question, the dose for panacur (Fenbendazole) in cats is 25mg per pound body weight once a day for 3 days; repeat after 3 weeks.

If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is a ml the same as a mg? I have a 3ml syringe. do I need something else to administer the Panacur?
No mls is not the same as mg; mls measures liquid; mg measures mass. You need to calculate the dose and then give it in mg.