Dr. Christian K.
Dr. Christian K., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 year of veterinary experience in feline surgery, medicine and behavior

my 3 month old cate has swelling to his jaw..ate..acting normal

I noticed my 3 month old cate has swelling to his jaw. Can I take him in the morning or should I take him now. He ate fine and is acting normal

This is Dr. Christian. Welcome to JustAnswer. Where on his jaw is the swelling and how big is it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is on his left side of his jaw and it is the size of a grape.
Since he is acting fine and the swelling is fairly small it should be just fine to wait until morning. Possibilities include a spider/insect sting or bite, or even an abscess (pocket of infection under the skin). If it gets much larger tonight then don't wait until morning. An ice pack for 5-10 minutes may help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I noticed because it looked like the fur was rubbed away! he is a dMH so it wasn't obvious right away could of him playing with my chiuhiu done this?

It's possible but only if your chihuahua bit him. The bite could become infected and abscessed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you!
You're welcome. Good luck.