Has the vet done a test yet. Any blood test? Any urine test?
yes, everything is healthy
only option they r giving me is to put the cat down
I cannot vouch for what tests were done, how they are being interpreted, why no medication trials were done to ensure there is not a urinary tract infection as the cause.
Put the cat down for spraying? Did they really recommend that....You need a new vet, and you need a new vet now.
Get a copy of all records and especially that urine test result.
In my 7 years of practice, and coming from UC DAvis, I have never heard of the need to euthanize a cat over spraying issues.
This could even be a bout of FLUTD-feline lower urinary tract disease, which results in inflammation in the bladder. Simply treated with some pain medication and/or anti-inflammatory medication.
You need a second opinion ASAP.
If there is anything I have not covered for you, please use the REPLY button, and I will happily continue to chat. I hope you have found my advice helpful or informative. Please remember to inform me if you “accept” or please click the "ACCEPT" button (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIBING MEMBER). It is greatly appreciated. Please excuse any delays in my responses, as I regularly attend to hospitalized patients and daily examinations. REMEMBER: Even after you click "ACCEPT" and your question closes, you can still review our discussion and follow-up, if needed. Dr. Andy
urine tests were done, and i begged for an antibiotic shot just to make me feel like i was trying something. no infection but i insisted. he told me its behavioral and not much could b done to figure it out. obviously the shot didnt help, cuz im still so desperate. everything i read told me urinary infection also, thats why i ran him to the vet, but every test came back fine. he continues to spray in our home. ive tried everything from feliway to cat off products. the vet has checked his urine both times for uti, both came back fine. could he have inflamation but no uti? I can not allow this to continue in our home, but the thought giving him up is something i could not face the children with. i have a hard time thinking its stress
he also suggested hormone shots or prosac. how could that help a cat stop spraying? he told me that spraying is number one reason for uthinization
please give me something to do or try, ive exhausted everything
hold a sec while i read your response. Was putting my daughter to sleep
It is certainly possible for an inflammatory condition. Nothing to lose. Ask your vet for a little trial of a injectable pain medication that can be given orally called buprenex.
also, hold one sec for a link:
In this link, you will see a reference to a medication called Clomicalm! Definitely, worth researching and discussing with your vet.
I thought the second link is worth a read as well.
I hope those extra suggestions work.
Again, sorry for delayed reply, I had to put daughter to bed.
Please remember to click "accept" when finished. I do greatly appreciate it.
i have already been to the websites, thats were i got the idea of repellants and feliway. i was hoping for something that i had not tried, some strange disease or anything to go on. i appreciate your time but feel i am no closer than before
What about the ideas for the buprenex (pain) medication trial, and the suggestion for using Clomicalm.
If behavioral, the clomicalm could be quite effective.
I am very surprised by your response.