Dr.D
Dr.D, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Small Animal Veterinarian for 27 years. Licensed in Canada and in the USA.
27194348

My cat has blood in his stool and little thin short white worm

My cat has blood in his stool and little thin short white worm peeks through the blood and then goes back into the stool. What type of worm is this and what medicine should I buy for it and where do I buy it?
Chat Conversation Started
Dr.D :

Hello there, Welcome to JA , I am DrD , Thank you for the question

Dr.D :

You are describing tape worms

Dr.D :

The drug for the tape worms is Praziquantel

Dr.D :

If cat has tape worms he must have fleas since tapeworms contracted to cats by fleas.Your cat will not get rid of tapeworms unless you apply monthly flea medication.

Dr.D :

Unfortunately you can not obtain praziquantel from a pet shop or anywhere else. You need a prescription.There are many flea products available . You need to be VERY VERY careful when you pick a flea product ( spot on products applied on

Dr.D :

cat's skin once a month)

Dr.D :

Some dog products are highly toxic for cats . They even may kill your cat if you pick up a wrong product.So please be careful.

Dr.D :

The above is given for information only. I can not prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet condition I would strongly advise consulting your veterinarian.

I hope this helps.If you need to ask more questions please do not hesitate to ask

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I came to this site for medicine. What type of worm he has doesn't solve what I came for. I want medicine, that is what my only intention is. I do not have the money for a doctor call so I chose this site for medicine. I gave the details so one of you doctors would know what he has and send me to your pharmacy so I can buy him medicine. One worm or the other worm doesn't do anything because I have only interest in medication for him. If I was planning to become a vetinarian assistant or doctor like you guys then I would want to know everything about everything but I am an old lady with the love of my life cat and very little money.Cry
I understand your situation but we can not operate like you have said.We are not allowed to do this.And we do not own pharmacies . I gave you the name of the medication. It is Praziquantel . There is a product called Droncit for cats contains Praziquantel for the tape worms and frontline spot on flea medication .You can check online pet pharmacies. I am sure you will find one. Search on google .