Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat is drooling and foaming at the mouth and breathing heavy...

My cat is drooling and foaming at the mouth and breathing heavy... what should I do?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the question.

In direct answer to your question : What you should do, just to be on the safe side is have a vet check your cat over as soon as possible even if this means using an ER vet.

While the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet I would say from the fact that she is drooling heavily, has breathing problems and is just lying there that something serious may be going on. Heart disease for example often presents like this ...

I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well make things worse as could delays in treatment. I am sorry I cannot give you any more specific advice via the internet.

If I have not covered your question fully enough or you would like to ask more I will be online for the next hour or so and I will be at your disposal.

Scott Nimmo BVMS MRCVS