Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

My cat is lethargic, drooling a little and not acting himself.

My cat is lethargic, drooling a little and not acting himself. His temp is 100.8 and my vet's office is closed for the day. Should I be worried?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

Does your cat like to chew on cords?

Did you use any flea or tick medication on your cat in the last day or so?

Does your cat take any other medication at all?

Dr. Dan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He's a really mellow cat. Very picky about what he eats. He is healthy just saw the vet 2 months ago. He is about 6 years old neutered male in good health. No medications ever. I have not used and flea or tick meds in over a year. He does not chew on cords or furniture. He usually hangs out, followos me around and sleeps a lot. But he has not eaten today nor last night and he is lethargic and drooling a little. No temp.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just wondering if I can wait to take him to my own vet tomorrow or if I should take him to emergency.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 6 years ago.

What you are describing is nausea in cats. Cats who get nauseous will often drool and be lethargic. Some will vomit, some will not and just continue to drool. I would be worried enough to have him examined in the morning but if he does not worsen beyond drooling and being lethargic then it's likely not an emergency.

I hope this helps, best wishes.

Dr. Dan