Dr. Gene
Dr. Gene, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM degree from Ontario Veterinary College

my cat is dripping saliva from his mouth the last 24 hrs...

my cat is dripping saliva from his mouth the last 24 hrs... he is eating and playing normally.
What could this be?
Submitted: 6 years ago via Cat-Lovers-Only.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gene replied 6 years ago.

Dripping saliva (even if everything else is normal) could mean one of the following:

1. Inability to swallow - pain, neurologic problem, obstruction (swelling, inflammation, foreign material, etc).
2. Overproduction of saliva - nausea, inflammation/irritation of the oral cavity and back of throat.

My recommendation is to have him looked at by your vet, preferably no later than tomorrow. Andrei will probably need to be sedated briefly for better visualization of the oral cavity and x-rays may need to be taken of his neck/throat. You wouldn't believe how many different things I've seen cats swallow, including sewing needles, rubber bottle nipples, etc. Best to have it checked out.

Hope this helps; please let me know if you have any other questions; best of luck!