Dr. Judy
Dr. Judy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years experience: dermatology, infectious diseases, preventative medicine, client education.
9920243

My kittens are stuck inside the mother cat, the kitten is

My kittens are stuck inside the mother cat, the kitten is breached and its tail is coming out first, how can help the delivery go smoother?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Judy replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Judy. I currently live in Arizona, USA. Thank you for using this site, and for trusting me to help you and your pet today.

Ouch! See if you can try to gently extract the back legs with the tail. Make sure your hands are clean. If you can get the back legs (and hips), then wait until mom has a contraction and pushes while you gently pull the kitten out. Don't be surprised if this kitten doesn't make it--sorry, but the cords tend to clamp off if they get stuck in the canal. If this is going to be a problem for you, or you can't get any other part of the kitten out, then you need to rush her to the emergency vet ASAP--make sure you take any kittens already born. I hope this helps and good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We lost the kitten inside the mom Cat! What now?!?!

Expert:  Dr. Judy replied 4 years ago.
At this point you are going to need to get her into the emergency vet. If labor isn't going well, she will need a c-section in order to save mom and the kittens.
Dr. Judy, Veterinarian
Experience: 10 years experience: dermatology, infectious diseases, preventative medicine, client education.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much for all your help! I hope i can save my cats. Thank you again !