Hi, I am Dr. Peter and would like to help.
1- How often are your cats vomiting?
2- Did they get into anything?
when ever I give them medicine or food.
No I dont think they got into anything. My vet also told me to give them some milk.
In any case of vomiting the first thing to do is give the stomach time to rest or they will continue to vomit. This is what you could do:
1- No food or water for 12-16 hours.
2- Then offer a small amount of water and wait half hour, if no vomit then offer a small amount of chicken. If no vomit then offer small pieces of chicken through out the day then following day gradually wean into regular diet.
3- Give Pepcid AC 5 mg every 8 hours. Do not use the expired.
If you have additional questions I will be glad to answer them.
I did not take my cats to the vet I just called him. Why pepcid ac 5mg and not the mylanta. I haven't given tham anything in about 2 hours but they are still vomiting not constantly but like about every 30 min.
My boy friend worked on my car he worked with antifreeze. The antfreeze was very diluted and then we spray down the garage with water. We didn't not let the cats into the garage until the floor was dry.
I am very thankful for all the help you are providing
Pepcid is more gentle in a vomiting patient and the way it inhibits acid production is different then Mylanta. If you give thick liquids to a vomiting cat then chances are they will continue to vomit.
If the cats did not get into anti freeze then you should not be concern. But, if you suspect they did then it is best you take them to ER vet immediately as this will lead to renal failure and the window of opportunity is only several hours after ingestion then the damage is irreversible and will be fatal.
No, I really don't think they got into the anti freeze, that was on Thursday when we worked on the car. I guess it would be to late now if it was the antifreeze.
I can not tell you how much I have appreciated your help. Your answers have helped me calm down.