CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

My cat has had xrays and has a mass in his stomach. He is

My cat has had xrays and has a mass in his stomach. He is hungry - when we get food out he comes running - but he will not eat. He is coughing like there is somthing stuck in his throat. He will drink water. We have tried antibotics but he vomitts as well as liquid food.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  CriticalCareVet replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your post!

In a case such as this, unfortunately the reluctance to eat and coughing (or even vomiting) is going to be related to the mass in the stomach.

To get more information about the mass, I would recommend an ultrasound:

This will allow either a non invasive biopsy or aspirate to determine what type of mass this is - and to give you more information to know if this can be surgically removed to give Johnnie a better quality of life and resolve these signs of illness.
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.