Dr. C
Dr. C, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  30+ yrs of Veterinary experience: medicine, surgery, nutrition; 45+ yrs.feline owner

My cat is about 13, wanders around the house aimlessly, is

My cat is about 13, wanders around the house aimlessly, is sometimes incontinent, seems not to see well, and is very in need of comfort all the time. He drools as well. I have taken him to the vet and cannot seem to get a diagnosis. Blood tests reveal nothing.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. C replied 6 years ago.

I have a few questions.

Which blood tests have been done? Has a check been done on the kidney and liver?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tests have not been done on kidney or liver, and the blood tests tested normal things like diabetes, etc.
Expert:  Dr. C replied 6 years ago.

Hi again-

I would want to know the status of the liver and kidney in an older cat as those are the two most common organs which have issues. Both of those organs can cause wandering aimlessly symptoms.

Incontinence generally warrants a complete exam of the bladder, to include urinalysis, x-rays, and culture and sensitivity. Until those things are checked out, then one can't rule out a number of problems which come with the urinary tract.

I hope this is helpful. Please push ACCEPT and thanks1