Cat Health Questions? Ask a Cat Vet for Answers ASAP.
Hello again. Thanks for the answer. Yes, we have done a panel for FHV/Chlamydia/Mycoplasma felis, and it came back positive for Mycoplasma felis. Herpes I know that all my cats have, and am also very familiar with feline respiratory diseases. (Have worked as a vet's nurse and breed cats). I treat all my cats profylactically with L-Lysine and it works good. I agree about the differentiation, this is most definitely felis, not haemofelis. So the clinical signs should disappear in course of time? Even though they might have been going with the infection for a while? See, I thought it WAS herpes, until I started thinking about myco instead. And then it proved to be... I am just worried about clinical signs and damage on the eye tissue and third lid. Also I wonder how long it will take before they are harmless for other cats. I have a male who is supposed to mate a female, and the owner of the female knows about the myco. My suggestion is that we wait until the cats have been free of symptoms for two weeks, as my vet meant was the time I needed to treat also... What do you think?