Experience:  dasdasd

If I forgot to give my cat his insulin shot and gave it to

If I forgot to give my cat his insulin shot and gave it to him 4 hrs later. When should I give him his next shot, should I skip the next one to get him back on his routine, I give it to him every 12 hrs. regularly?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I recommend skipping his next insulin dose. The risk would be that the most recent injection will not have worn off, and a second injection could cause his blood glucose level to dip too low.

After skipping one dose, you can begin giving your normal twice daily dosing again.

Good luck! Please let me know if you have any further questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, please click on the green Accept button. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!