alhdvm
alhdvm, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I have 11+ years experience in the field of veterinary medicine. I work on all species of animals.
10679819

Any side effects from pet tinic for cats My cat after two

Customer Question

Any side effects from pet tinic for cats? My cat after two doses seems to be in a trance.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  alhdvm replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

I'm sorry to hear your cat is having an issue.

CAn I ask you a couple questions?

How old is your cat?

Why is she/he being treated with Pet Tinic?

How much are you giving and how often?

Dr. Hinson
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Rizzo is 18. She has back problems and I think it was tramadole that we tried before that almost made her speed so my vet recommended this for help with back pain, energy....giving her .6ml twice a day. Just started today and she seems to be in a daze.
Expert:  alhdvm replied 7 years ago.
Well, I'm not sure how much Pet Tinic will help with back pain. It is just a vitamin supplement. It has no pain relieving properties at all.

I don't think side effects are very common. I guess anything is possible though. The dose sounds appropriate. I guess I would try giving it just once a day for a day or two and see how she does with it. If you gave her some tonight then wait til tomorrow night to give it again.

Like I said, it is not a pain medication so maybe what you are seeing is pain response and not a medication reaction.

Of course if you are worried you should take her back to your vet for an exam or call them on the phone to see what they think.

I hope this helps. Best wishes!

Dr. Hinson