Dr. Lee
Dr. Lee, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of experience in veterinary medicine and surgery

My cat wont eat but will drink a little milk. Is very lethargic

My cat won't eat but will drink a little milk. Is very lethargic and will do this for two to three days and then start to feel a little better and will eat normally and then after a day or two will throw up his food and start all over again. He seems a little thinner than usual and tonight he seems like he can't see real good. He usually has a lot of energy.

Hi. I'm Dr. Lee and will do my best to help.

Is he still urinating normally?

Any diarrhea?

How long has these episodes been going on for?

Does he have any previous medical conditions?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

As far as I can tell I think he is urinating maybe a little more than usual. He does get diarrhea when he is only drinking milk . These episodes have been going on for around two weeks. No previous medical history

Hi. Thanks for the update.

There are two major things I am highly suspicious of, they are diabetes and kidney disease. Diabetes will give you everything that you are seeing, including the eye sight problem. I would highly suggest to take him to your veterinarian right away, go to the ER if they are not open. He needs to be checked out right away. Cats do not do well without food for more than a day. As well, he is likely dehydrated at this point and will likely require IV fluid therapy. They need to run a simple blood and urine test to determine what we have now and start treatment right away. Having just milk is not enough as food source or water source. With diarrhea going on as well, dehydration is almost for certain.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks.