Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

is it safe to give a small dose of temazepam to a cat weighing

is it safe to give a small dose of temazepam to a cat weighing 4 kg? He needs lancing of an abscess and vet unavailable until Monday. Have sterile equipment available and EMLA cream
Howdy :)

Temazepam is not a drug commonly used in cats. In a quick search I was unable to find any reference to it at all, so I wouldn't recommend using it.

Let me know if I can be of futher assistance :)
~Dr. Sara
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. Is it safe to use the EMLA? I would be very reluctant to inject lidocaine and have no idea of the feline dose?
I mean no disrespect, but I'm not comfortable advising you in this situation. (replied initially before the full post was available) I'm going to opt out so that another expert can have the opportunity. My recommendation would be to take your kitty to the ER :)
Best of luck
~Dr. Sara