Dr. Jamie
Dr. Jamie, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 9 years experience in feline medicine and surgery.

can you please tell me the intelligence level of a cat, i once

Customer Question

can you please tell me the intelligence level of a cat, i once read the labradors had the intelligence level of a two year you have any answers like that when it comes to cat intelligence
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jamie replied 7 years ago.
In the animal kingdom, the cat's IQ is surpassed only by monkeys and chimps. Cats think and adapt to changing circumstances and learn by observation, imitation, and trial and error. They have been shown to exhibit greater problem solving abilities than dogs. Tests conducted by the University of Michigan and the Department of Animal Behavior at the American Museum of Natural History have concluded that while canine memory lasts no more than 5 minutes, a cat's recall can last as long as 16 hours, exceeding even that of monkeys and orangutans.

Here is an article you may find helpful: