Doctor W
Doctor W, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  30 years practicing small animal medicine, surgery and dentisty
21789755

My cat started dragging her back legs yesterday. My son took

My cat started dragging her back legs yesterday. My son took her to the vet and he said it was probably the clogged vein thing. What are her chances of survival? She is about 10-15yrs old. I noticed some vomit this morning. Could it be something else?
Hello, thank your for submitting your question to Just Answer
Sorry your cat has developed this problem. Prognosis is actually quite poor. Medical therapy to help dissolve the clots is possible, but it doesn't always work and can have serious side effects. But, the most important thing to remember is that this condition is usually the result of a heart condition called cardiomyopathy, which also has a grave prognosis. Even if the clots dissolve, they are likely to reform.
Sorry to give such bad news

Hope this helps
Doctor W
If you have found this answer helpful, please click on Accept so that I may receive credit for my effort.
No doctor patient relationship is formed by this communication. This advice is no substitute for a complete physical examination and appropriate diagnostics provided by a licensed veterinarian.