Dr. Scott, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of small animal, equine and pocket pet experience in medicine and surgery.

I have been finding tiny blood stains on my sheets, and because

I have been finding tiny blood stains on my sheets, and because my female cat sleeps in that vicinity every night, I'm wondering: Could they be the result of my cat menstruating?
Hello there,

How old is the cat?

Did you cheack and double check for fleas and flea dirt?

Have you checked the cat's teeth?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I haven't checked for fleas and flea dirt, but the cat's teeth seem fine. I have two cats, actually. But one is the likelier source of the stains. They never go outside, and I haven't noticed any scratching behaviors that would suggest flea-related discomfort or irritation.
Flea dirt is just dried blood. If it gets wet, it will turn into small stains. If you do not find any fleas, it may be coming from a female in heat. Urinary tract infections can produce bloody urine as well. Check the litter box to make sure the urine is normal.