CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

Is tobramycin eye drops safe to use on felines.

Hi there,

Yes - Tobramycin can be used for siutations such as this!

If there is an eye infection or conjunctivitis - other options for at home care include:

- To try to warm compress the eye with a clean, damp, warm cloth. This will help with inflammation in the area.

- The second recommendation is to try to flush the eye with a sterile saline solution. I am referring to a normal, over the counter saline solution commonly found in the same aisle of the grocery story or drugstore as contact solution.

I hope this helps! PLEASE let me know if you have additional questions!
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

The above is given for information only. Although I am a licensed veterinarian, I cannot legally prescribe medicines or diagnose your pet's condition without performing a physical exam. If you have concerns about your pet I would highly advise contacting your regular veterinarian.