Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience treating cats in my practice.
16881297

Where can I get Amoxicillin for my cat without a prescription

Where can I get Amoxicillin for my cat without a prescription? Or what ratio do I mix 500mg. Amoxicillin to what ratio of water?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 years ago.
HI there.

Unfortunatley, amoxicillin is a prescription medication and can only be prescribed for your cat by your vet. I worry that you say your guy was on this medication and is now sick again. It either is the wromg antibiotic for what your cat has or the wrong medication. Tell me what his symptoms are and maybe I can help.

It seems to me that you will have to have your vet recheck him to be sure he is being treated correctly.

Good Luck!!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He has a hearty appetite and is very playful...Unfortunately he sneezes, has runny nose and eyes....He was found in a garbage dumpster....someone threw him away when they moved....
OK, It is either that he was not treated long enough or he needs a different antibiotic. I am sure if you call the vet you saw, they will prescribe the medication that you need.

The dose on amoxicillin is 1 mg per pound given twice per day. The 500 mg tablet is too large to split up. have your vet give you the appropriate dose.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The answer did not come thru the phone, would you please send it to me here?

Dr. Loretta