Drt4Mom
Drt4Mom, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have practiced Veterinary Medicine and surgery for 13. With an focus on small animals.
18936956

My cats eye is matted & oozing & he has been sneezing & sounds

My cat's eye is matted & oozing & he has been sneezing & sounds like coughing some. What should I do for him? Also, when does a female cat come into heat after having a litter?

I sounds like a upper respiratory infection. This needs to be evaluated by your local veterinarian for antibiotic therapy.

AS for the heat question. A female can go back into heat as soon as she weans the kittens. I mean with in 24-28 hours.

If you have any more questions let me know.

If I have helped please hit the Accept tab.

Good Luck

Dr. T.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could it be allergies? Also should i try to wash his eye out?

It is possible that this is allergies. However cats show signs and symptoms of allergies in their skin more than in the respiratory system like we do. Its more likely your cat is dealing with a viral or bacterial infection. You can use saline eye wash to try to rinse the eyes out but if the discharge returns she needs to see a vet.

Good Luck