How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LSU-Vet Your Own Question
LSU-Vet, Cat Veterinarian
Category: Cat Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 2088
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Type Your Cat Veterinary Question Here...
LSU-Vet is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a kitten who chewed and swallowed the nipple off the

Customer Question

I have a kitten who chewed and swallowed the nipple off the bottle I use
To feed her.   She is not choking, what are the dangers?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  LSU-Vet replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for writing in,

My main concern with eating a foreign object is the possibility of it getting stuck in her stomach or intestines. If it was small then it will likely pass just fine. I would suggest you feed her normally and monitor her for any problems. You'll be watching for inappetance, vomiting, etc. IF noted then you will want to get her to a vet then. I hope this helps!

Related Cat Veterinary Questions