CriticalCareVet, ER/ICU Specialist
Experience:  Emergency and Critical Care Specialist

my cat is coughing and throwing up white foamy stuff, what

my cat is coughing and throwing up white foamy stuff, what do you think is wrong? He grouls at me when I try to pet him, which is not him. He is usually over loving....

Male or female?

How long has this been happening?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He is a year old and this just started to happen in last few hours. We took him in from being a stray so he had been out side most of the time. I am really tight on money with 1 income and can't afford vet bills
Do you know if he has been urinating normally? Has he been going in and out of the litterbox? Are there wet spots in the litter? Is he vocalizing more than usual?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know if he has urinated, no wet spots in litter box, he was wet down there, but didn't know if that was from his trying to clean himself. This is different than normal, he is making a weird cough, sounds like he is weezing, when I pet him he moans and make this weird weezing/coughing sound

I understand money is tight - the major concern I have is that there are some male cats that will develop a urinary blockage - and be unable to urinate.

Signs of this include
- Vocalizing
- Going in and out of the litterbox and not making urine
- Posturing to urinate, even at times looking constipated
- Pain when you pet their belly
- Not eating
- Vomiting
- Gagging
- Being very lethargic.

A cat that can not urinate is a true emergency and one that should be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible.

Your history:
- Throwing up white foamy stuff
- Growling when you try to pet him
- no wet spots in litter box
- Wet in the genital area from possibly grooming

All of these signs are concerning to me - and unfortunately - I would recommend seeing a veterinarian as soon as possibile.

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have other questions.
Please click "ACCEPT" if the information I have provided has been of help so I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are always welcome and appreciated. Thank you.