Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic cats, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

My cat is vomiting white foam and seems very lethargic. He

Customer Question

My cat is vomiting white foam and seems very lethargic. He is 14 years old and has recently lost weight. Should I be taking him in to see a vet now, or should I wait to see if he snaps out of it in the next hour os so. Thanks
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for using, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

If your cat went from normal this morning to very lethargic now I'd go to the vet as soon as you can. If your cat has been lethargic all day and has only vomited once or twice you probably can wait until tomorrow but I would recommend seeing a vet due to the recent weight loss. If his vomiting is getting more frequent then it is time to go to the vet now, especially if he seems like he can't urinate. I hope this helps, best wishes.

Dr. Dan