Dr. JD
Dr. JD, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  15+ years practice experience as a cat/dog veterinarian- special interest in behavior
15636213

My cat has a lump under her front right leg. It is hard but

Customer Question

My cat has a lump under her front right leg. It is hard but it doesn't hurt her when I touch it. I have squeezed it and moved it and she doesn't flinch at all. Should I be concerned?
Category: Cat Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. JD replied 8 years ago.

May I ask a few questions?

When did you first notice it?

Exactly where is it?

How big is it?

Is it covered with hair or hairless?

Is it on top of the skin or under it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I noticed the lump about a month ago, it was small, but then grew. It is under the skin and located by her right arm on her belly side. It is covered with her fur and now it is about the size of a small rock.

Thanks so much!

Barry

Expert:  Dr. JD replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the information.

I am concerned that it could be an enlarged lymph node. Do you have a vet that could examine her? It should be easy to tell on physical exam if it is a lymph node, and the vet could check to see if other lymph nodes are enlarged as well.

If it is not a lymph node, there are many different types of growths that can occur, and the vet can do a simple aspirate to determine what type of cells are present and whether it is something you should be concerned about.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any additional questions please let me know. If you do not have a regular vet, if you tell me where you live, I can let you know if I know of any vets or low cost services in the area if needed.