Michael
Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional
70951075

I needed my employees story, I need dates and I 't have the

Customer Question

I needed my employees history
JA: If I wasn't so happy working for JustAnswer I'd talk to one of our job experts. They either help find great new jobs for people or help them sort out problems with their current one. Please tell me everything you can so the Employment Specialist can help you best.
Customer: my name is***** need dates and I don't have the dates for my employer to hire me for a new job and I need my history so I can make sure everything on there is right and it won't look like a lie and I need it like ASAP so I can get this job tomorrow
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Employment Specialist should know?
Customer: do you need my social security number to find it my employee history
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Job
Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Hello Michelle and welcome to JustAnswers,

As for gathering your past employment records, retrieving it by tomorrow is difficult at best. The best and qualified way to retrieve your info would be to contact social security as for a fee will be able to send you your past employment history. Problem is this takes a few weeks to collect and mail back to you.

In terms of finding your past employment history a bit quicker, some suggestions I can offer:

1. State Unemployment agencies can often release employment histories for individuals, as long as they worked for in-state employers. Check with your local office tomorrow to see if they can pull up your past employment history in their office.

2. If you have saved copies of your tax returns, you should have your copies of your W-2 forms. This will give you a good overview of dates and years you worked for past employers.

3. I would also sit down and write out every employer you remember working for. Then call tomorrow as many as you remember in order to get dates when you worked.

While there is no quick online service that can offer this information, you can try looking at pulling your recent credit report as it can offer past work history going back a number of years:

https://www.freecreditreport.com/?PageTypeID=HomePage62&SiteVersionID=715&SiteID=100219&sc=669496&bcd=S0000011_htf_c_r_com

Overall, go ahead and fill out the info for the employer with your best estimate on when you worked. Employer will usually run a background check to verify employment so just being as truthful as possible will be enough to get the job.

I wish you the best of luck in getting the job. Please let me know of any additional information/concerns you have. Also if you could please take a moment to rate my help so that I can receive credit for assisting you this evening.

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 4 months ago.

Michael