VA-NP
VA-NP, Retired biochemist
Experience:  Nurse Practitioner
3157612

I am preparing to send out a network letter/email to a lot

Customer Question

I am preparing to send out a network letter/email to a lot of contacts (from my father and others) and would like someone to review and give me their opinion on it before I send it out.
What category do I use?
Category: Job
Expert:  VA-NP replied 11 months ago.

You can pot it here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

FROM xxxx

Dear, xxxx

It was suggested that I reach out to you. I graduated with my master's in Library and Information Science in December with a certificate in Data Science and am currently working in the financial industry as an Information Professional working on content/knowledge management as a consultant. I am seeking advice on industries and companies I should pursue once my consulting position ends. As of now, I have focused on government agencies, non-public libraries, traditional publishing houses, museums, large law firms, Medical Centers, pharmaceuticals, chemical, most very large manufacturing companies and vendors selling information services (such as an aggregates news services or databases). I am open to any industry that requires the use of my skill set in Information Management and Library Science. As you can see from below, I am used to working in high pressure positions.

Here is some of my background:

• Driving Efficiency – Throughout all of my experience, from academic projects to financial services consulting projects, to serving as a Library and Research Services (LRS) Intern within the Office of Administration, Executive Office of the President of the United States, I have maintained a keen focus on increasing the efficiency, management and utility of massive quantities of information through increasing discoverability and use of knowledge.

• Superior Analytical and Problem Solving SkillsAs an Intern at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library, beyond digitizing historic materials, creating and managing metadata and entering records in the archive’s digital asset management system, I was recognized and valued for providing process improvement recommendations and assisting in introducing a new means of managing content front-end and back-end.

• Proven Versatility – At multiple times over the course of my career, I have been able to rapidly acquire and apply new skills. Just a few examples of this include learning Python over a weekend so that I could work on API at the start of the following week, assuming the role of SharePoint expert and manager for one of my teams in less than a week, and developing a comprehensive data center migration project plan with minimal previous experience.

If you forward my information to someone that you believe can help me could you also let me know who it is so that if they contact me I will know where they got my contact information from. I will of course let you when they contact me.

Thank you in advance for any time and guidance you can provide.

Best, xxxxxx

Expert:  VA-NP replied 11 months ago.

Oops, this is job-related. I will ask the moderator to move it to the proper category.

Expert:  VA-NP replied 11 months ago.

The moderators have chosen to make this available to both General and Job experts.

It sounds good to me until the end where it gets over-long and pushy (that''s how it sounds to me). "If you forward my information to someone that you believe can help me could you also let me know who it is so that if they contact me I will know where they got my contact information from. I will of course let you when they contact me...."

I think what you mean to say is "thank you for forwarding my qualifications to anyone you think might be interested. I would appreciate your letting me know to whom you've forwarded it so that I will know who to thank for the favor.

Any time and guidance you can provide is sincerely appreciated.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you I agree that was the part I was not sure about.. Just wanted a way to follow up with the first contact if potentially good leads never contact me because the email gets lost in someones email.. Without asking to go around them.

Most people would not like to think that their the contacts they decide to give to someone else would be harassed. I have no intention of doing that I just know how easy an email can get lost in the inbox of someone important.

Thanks

Expert:  VA-NP replied 11 months ago.

You're so very welcome. Good luck with the job search. If you are happy with the response, please don't forget a positive rating.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~