Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional

I have ideas/plans online businesses that I

Customer Question

I have ideas/plans for several online businesses that I would like to start. All are in various stages of implementation, none of them making money at this point. I feel as though I have the drive, ambition and enthusiasm to make these businesses very successful. The problem? Between my part-time job as a legal assistant and a side gig as a freelance editor, both of which I do simply to pay the bills, I work about 60 hours a week and have literally no time to start chasing my dreams. My husband works as well, but his income alone isn't enough to support us. I'm itching to start these businesses, but don't know how to extricate myself from my current work situation.
Category: Job
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.
I think it is wonderful that you have these ideas and want to get them in motion. By every account it sounds like you have the drive and ambition to get any of these ideas started. Keeping though the jobs you and your husband have should be the first priority as you want to keep the lights on and income coming in to pay the bills. This money can also help in getting the ideas for your new businesses going.Some ideas to consider to get the ideas moving along:1. Sit down with your husband and see of all the ideas you have what will have the best chance to get off the ground faster than the others. Put aside the ideas that you both feel that have the slower chance to grow and build upon the fastest but do not forget about the slower ones for the future. Get back to those later but take on one idea that has the fastest growth and build on that. This will help in conserving your precious time to grow that one idea.2. See about some volunteer help from those that can help run and build out your idea. This could be friends relatives and even neighbors who could be part of something bigger as the online idea grows.3. Set aside weekends and evenings to get the business growing. Less time of course for relaxation but building a new idea takes sweat and hard work which you obviously have. Any extra time you have should be dedicated to your idea.4. Some additional advise that I feel can be of great help: