Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional

I have been offered a job with ATC trading out of NY. They

Customer Question

I have been offered a job with ATC trading out of NY. They offer a work at home salary to purchase goods and ship. No out of pocket money.
Category: Job
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Researching anything on this company and little about it from the sources I have access to. They have an employee list of four but more can be found working from home I believe. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $500,000. Private company founded in 1989 so little will be available since they are not a public firm. Suggestion if you feel unsure before starting is to contact the Better Business Bureau of any complaints/issues with this company. Same would go with the NYC Chamber of Commerce to see if anything has been reported on this firm.The good thing is that no out of pocket money coming from you so would suggest reading any and all paperwork before signing up with this firm.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is the home county that you got your answer from or what is the home country for thus business.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Manta is a good business site and offers this information:Atlantic Trading Atc CorpAtlantic Trading 404 East 79th St Apartment 7hNew York, NY 10075Another listing with the same name but a restaurant supplier so not sounding like the same company as you have listed I believe.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
I am afraid I do not have phone access at this time. I would though be happy to continue with your question online so please ask any additional questions you might have.Michael
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Looked at Manta no luck. This company is ATC Trading Gmbh - 18 East 48th Street NY, NY. Mother company is in Switzerland. I think your info was on another company.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the additional information as there are a few companies with the same name. I see that they are located in Switzerland as a wholesale trading company, do see that there are reports for purchase that you can decide if it is worth spending to find out the financial health of this company: very little information on this firm.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is that good or bad in determining if is a scam?
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
Hard to tell as even though there is little on this organization, there is a footprint in terms of mentions of the business and its location online. Good thing that they are not asking for any money upfront. What I would recommend and suggest is to ask the company for additional information such as financials as well as references that you can contact to see if everything is correct and in good shape. Sometimes your intuition will tell you if it is a scam so any doubts I would stay away. Still if you feel something positive about this firm, ask to see financials as well as some clients you can speak with.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay! Thanks for the info. Have a nice evening.
Expert:  Michael replied 6 months ago.
You are very welcome as I hope that this new opportunity will be something positive. Just due some questioning of asking for financials as well as a few clients to speak with. This should give you a clear understanding once you read and speak to them.If you could take a moment to rate my assistance as to let me know my help was useful as well as allow me to assist other customers such as yourself.Best of luck!Michael