Michael
Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional
70951075

I am one of three friends that do consulting in the legal support

Customer Question

I am one of three friends that do consulting in the legal support marketplace and we are considering to merge into a company to market together and hopefully do more business. The services that we provide are non competitive.
Are we correct that cross marketing and presenting ourselves as company with multiple principles make it easier to get major companies / law firms to give use large projects.
What are the downfalls. Also the three of us are in different areas of the country.
Category: Job
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi Bill,Reading over what you have stated on the idea of your company, it shows to me that you have a good business model to build and grow your client list. Cross marketing in various parts of the country is good as each partner can concentrate on that part of the country and can bring in clients that may not have heard of your company if just located in one place. Also having partners with multiple principles will bring in clients that have various needs and not just assisting those with just one issue or problem. So marketing would be better for your company as you can advertise for clients that have a broad spectrum of needs that your firm can assist with.In terms of any downfalls, little that I can think of. The way of marketing your firm to obtain bigger and larger clients should be better when combining your firms employees and their talents should bring in those contracts. As more clients come to your firm, you can then decide on working with a marketing agency to get your firm noticed around the country to obtain more business.Working together in terms of travel as well as planning ahead for client meetings can be worked out over time. Make sure everyone has a flexible schedule to meet last minute clients when requested. Face to face with clients instead of over the phone always is a better choice so working with each of your firm employees to agree to this can be key in getting and keeping clients.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
I hope my assistance to your question was useful in getting your business growing. If you could take a moment to rate my answer so that I know my help was useful and allow me to assist other customers such as yourself.Michael