Christy M
Christy M, Human Resources Professional
Experience:  Regional Training and Employment Director
90115082

There I am in need of a copy of my work history

Customer Question

HI there I am in need of a copy of my work history
Category: Job
Expert:  Christy M replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** have close to 20 years’ experience in human resources and I'll be assisting you today. Rounding up work history can definitely be a challenge. The only official sources where you can obtain that information are:1. The state unemployment office for any/all states you worked in as long as state taxes were paid.2. The Social Security Administration which has all your employment records as long as federal taxes were paid. You can either go to your local office to request this information or you can set up a secure account online at www.ssa.gov and see if you can pull the information there yourself. 3. Your credit report which may not be fully complete that far back but is in most cases. If you do not have specific dates saved anywhere and feel there are still gaps, you might have to guess at some to narrow it down. When trying to remember back that far, I encourage clients to recall was it summer or winter, beginning of the year or the end. If the company is still in business, you can call the HR department and ask for your employment dates. You might also try calling a friend, co-worker or manager you can get in touch with. You might also review your old tax records and W-2's. This won't give you dates but can definitely jog your memory about places where you have worked and help you narrow down past employers.Finding out past employment dates can take some work but I hope this helps. If there is anything additional I can help with just let me know. If not, please rate positively so I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again for your question! If there are any other job-related questions I can answer please let me know. I'd love to help!Good luck and have a great evening! :)Christy
Good afternoon! I just wanted to touch base with you and see if there is any additional assistance I can provide for you. If there is any other way I can help, I would love to! If not, when you get a moment, please rate positively if I have helped you so I may receive credit for assisting you. Just reach out if there is any other way I can help. Thanks so much! Have a great weekend :) Christy