Kelyn1
Kelyn1,
20214394

What does it mean to be a writing tutor? Credentials? Do you

Customer Question

What does it mean to be a writing tutor? Credentials? Do you tutor everyone or is this intended throughout schooling? What do you focus on as far as how to write well.
Category: Job
Expert:  Kelyn1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** me try to answer some of these questions for you.

Here on JA credentials are required. In the "real world" not as much. There are plenty of college students out there who tutor in various ways. You just have to be good at the subject and, sometimes, have a reference from someone willing to back you up. A professor might do this for example if he/she is familiar with your talent for writing.

Tutoring in writing specifically can mean different things. For one, it means guiding the writing process. Teaching how to do outlines needed to compose coherent essays, for example. Teaching the student how an essay is composed - Introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion - and what should be included in each of these areas would be another aspect. Sometimes it means something as simple as helping a student zero in on a topic that he/she might be interested in basing their essay or paper on. It really is different for every student you encounter because they will all be at different stages of learning and knowledge. Here on JA, we mostly tutor for college students but occasionally we will get an upper-level high-school student. In the "real world," tutoring can occur at every level from Primary school through College.

I hope I have helped clarify this for you. If you have more questions just let me know and I will try to answer them for you.