Christy M
Christy M, Human Resources Professional
Experience:  Regional Training and Employment Director
90115082

How much should I pay a part time executive assistant in

Customer Question

How much should I pay a part time executive assistant in Baltimore, MD?
Category: Job
Expert:  Christy M replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question! My name is***** have close to 20 years of human resource experience and I will be assisting you today.

Finding an appropriate pay range is always a challenge because you want to pay enough for the individual to be happy and stay so you're not training someone new in a few months. But at the same time, I understand you want to minimize the impact on your bot***** *****ne.

Executive assistant jobs recently posted in Baltimore, MD range anywhere from $20/hour for a part-time position to a range of $75,835 - $84,261 annually for full-time positions.

In 2014, the U.S Department of Labor - Bureau of Labor Statistics identifies the national mean hourly wage for executive secretaries and executive administrative assistants as $25.76 and the mean annual salary as $53,590 for full-time positions. In D.C, the hourly mean wage is $29.40 and the annual mean salary is $61,150. These rates increase slightly in Maryland where the mean hour wage is $29.63 and the mean annual salary is $61,630.

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes436011.htm

Hopefully these averages will help you in determining a range for the position you are looking to fill. Here are a few other considerations that you might also find helpful. As I mentioned at the outset, I'm sure you want to find a salary range that will keep your new employee happy and in place at least for a while. So one thing to look at is whether that individual really prefers a full-time position but is accepting a part-time position because they really like the opportunity or because they cannot find a full-time job at the moment that is of interest to them. If they are really seeking a full-time position, then likely you will have to pay a slightly higher wage to keep them for any length of time. If part-time is really what they are looking for, they will likely be happier at an even slightly lower wage.

Another consideration is looking at their past work and salary history. If this position will be a slight drop for them, then you might discuss with them the reason they are interested. It may be that it offers them the chance for a desired career transition which would make them happier with a salary even if it is lower than they have previously worked at. If this position is in line with past positions they have held, they might be looking to stay in a similar salary range as what they have become accustomed to.

If you need anything additional just let me know. If not, I would really appreciate your taking a minute to rate positively so I may receive credit for assisting you today. Please come back and see me next time you have a question. I'd love to help! Thanks again and have a great day! :)

Christy

Expert:  Christy M replied 1 year ago.

Hello again! I just wanted to follow up with you to see if there is any additional assistance I might be able to provide. I hope the information I provided before was helpful, but if you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Have a great evening!!

Christy

Expert:  Christy M replied 12 months ago.

Hello! I have had the privilege of answering questions for you in the past and just wanted to touch base to see if there are any other ways I can assist you. I have close to 20 years of experience in human resources and career coaching which includes resume writing and critique, interview prep/mock interviews, job search/career transition assistance as well as business writing/communication, staff recruiting, onboarding, training and development. I also have extensive business, administration and research skills in a variety of areas.

You are always appreciated at Just Answer and if there is any way I can help you with any questions or challenges you are having, I would love to. Just post a new question and ask for me by name. I’ll be on the lookout for you and I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!!

Thanks again for the opportunity to work with you!

Christy