Christy M
Christy M, Human Resources Professional
Experience:  Regional Training and Employment Director
90115082

I am 51 and looking to get back into work after bringing up

Customer Question

Hi. I am 51 and looking to get back into work after bringing up my children. I have also worked on and off during this time. I have a job interview on Monday and they want all my job history since I left school. I really do not know dates etc. Is there any way I can find out before my interview my working history? Jayne
Category: Job
Expert:  Christy M replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is***** have close to 20 years experience in human resources and I'll be assisting you this evening.

Congratulations on your interview! Rounding up work history can definitely be a challenge. Most employers only want your last 3 jobs or your last 10 years of employment. Going back to graduation is unusual. But if it is requested you definitely want to provide it if you can. The fact is you will likely have to guess at some of the dates. When trying to remember that far I try to recall was it summer or winter, beginning of the year or the end. If the company is still in business, you can call the HR department and ask for your employment dates. You might also try calling a friend, co-worker or manager you can get in touch with. The thing to remember is that if you can't get in touch with the company, neither can this new employer. So your best guess will likely be alright on those older jobs.

You might also go to the Social Security Admin office and have them pull your work credit history. You might almost go online to www.ssa.gov and see if you can pull that info from there.

You can also get some of that info by pulling some credit reports also.

Thanks again for your question. If there is any other assistance I can provide of job-related questions I can answer please let me know. I'd love to help! If not, please rate positively so I may receive credit for assisting you this evening. Good luck on your interview and gave a great night!! :)

Christy

Expert:  Christy M replied 11 months ago.

Hello! I have had the privilege of answering questions for you in the past and just wanted to touch base to see if there are any other ways I can assist you. I have close to 20 years of experience in human resources and career coaching which includes resume writing and critique, interview prep/mock interviews, job search/career transition assistance as well as business writing/communication, staff recruiting, onboarding, training and development. I also have extensive business, administration and research skills in a variety of areas.

You are always appreciated at Just Answer and if there is any way I can help you with any questions or challenges you are having, I would love to. Just post a new question and ask for me by name. I’ll be on the lookout for you and I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!!

Thanks again for the opportunity to work with you!

Christy