Christy M
Christy M, Human Resources Professional
Experience:  Regional Training and Employment Director
90115082

My daughters both live in the Bay area/Watsonville and

Customer Question

My daughters both live in the Bay area/Watsonville and Berkeley Hills, I am a retired RN and work in 4 courts in Districts 13 and 2. I am a trained mediator and have 3 years experience in Family Mediation, Parenting and child support. I also coordinate a free legal clinic in District 13 courts, monthly and with 4 to 7 pro bono attorneys. If I move to Monterey or Santa Cruz counties, could I work there as a mediator?
Category: Job
Expert:  Christy M replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. I seems that you would have a number of opportunities to work as a mediator in either location - especially with prior experience and training in this area.

In both Monterey and Santa Cruz counties, there are at least 3 options for mediation which would all present employment opportunities for you. There is free mediation available through the court system where you already have experience and therefore a definite edge over anyone else. The other two options are private mediators and organizations who provide mediation services. It would seem that you would have the possibility of working for the court or applying for a position as a mediation with a local organization - or even being self-employed as a mediator.

There is more information regarding mediation in Monterey County here:

http://www.monterey.courts.ca.gov/ADR/Mediation.aspx

It would also seem there are a number of opportunities for mediation in divorce and small claims cases so you might be able to expand your mediation services even further.

If you need anything additional just let me know. If not, please rate positively so I may receive credit for helping you today. Good luck and have a great afternoon! :)

Christy

Expert:  Christy M replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I have had the privilege of answering questions for you in the past and just wanted to touch base to see if there are any other ways I can assist you. I have close to 20 years of experience in human resources and career coaching which includes resume writing and critique, interview prep/mock interviews, job search/career transition assistance as well as business writing/communication, staff recruiting, onboarding, training and development. I also have extensive business, administration and research skills in a variety of areas.

You are always appreciated at Just Answer and if there is any way I can help you with any questions or challenges you are having, I would love to. Just post a new question and ask for me by name. I’ll be on the lookout for you and I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!!

Thanks again for the opportunity to work with you!

Christy