Michael
Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional
70951075

May I know is careerstep a good opportunity school

Customer Question

May I know is careerstep a good opportunity school for those wanting to be a medical transcriptionist. If not what is the best way to get into the medical transcription industry? And how well is the pay and benefits usually?
Category: Job
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics in its latest report shows that this industry is growing by 8% from 2012-2022. Pay on average is around $34,000. In terms of how to get into this field and its requirements:
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/medical-transcriptionists.htm
Career Step from my research is AHDI approved(Association of Healthcare Documentation Integrity). From this article as well it seems that this educational service is something worth considering:
http://undress4success.com/career-step-is-not-a-scam/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Though is careerstep a good school for it. Is going to a school that has a career connection a good investment to get into medical transcription?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
While no school can guarantee any work after graduation, career stop does offer guidance after graduation so that is a plus that they can help you get hired in this field. Schools that have connections with many hospitals and medical companies will be helpful in hiring from their school.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so I guess career step is a good institution. I wonder is it worth paying a few thousand dollars to get started in medical transcription for school based training?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
It is good to have the institution to be approved by an association such as AHDI such as Career Step. You might also wish to consider looking at community college which offers a one and two year degree that can cost you much less than a few thousand and can give you the same education.