Michael
Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional
70951075

I am working on updating my resume. I know what I do at my

Customer Question

I am working on updating my resume. I know what I do at my job but I'm not sure exactly how to word what the skills are. I'm a part time bookkeeper for a newspaper.
Category: Job
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We use quickbooks. I enter bills as we receive invoices. I enter invoices. I double check a/r aging summary and statement charges to make sure the correct amount has been added, amd update the total on the a/r aging summary. I have notary seal to sign legal notices in the paper. I check the chart of accounts to make sure the numbers match the post office receipts. I assess any finance charges when sending end of month statements to customers. I scan documents to be saved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I make general journal entries for 2 accounts. This is all in quickbooks.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Much of what you have listed is good in terms of what you can offer to a potential employer on your resume. You can start by listing your skills in the technology used each day in the office. Wording the resume to something like:
Extensive experience in using quickbooks to have the newspapers invoices and bills paid on-time. Handle two accounts for newspaper and keep entries current.
Keep track of invoices and bills received by the newspaper and watch that all bills are paid on-time and within budget. Review statements for correct amounts as well as updates of totals as well as chart accounts from post office receipts are correct.
Have responsibility for notary signatures for legal notices for newspaper.
Technology experience using the latest software in the industry to save documents as well as scan important reports to be saved for review in internal system.