Chari410
Chari410, Employment Services
Experience:  Human Resource Consultant with over 20 years experience in employment services
64375399

Hi Chari, I have a very important job interview on 10/2/13

Hi Chari, I have a very important job interview on 10/2/13 and I want to impress the global President. I thought a good way of doing that would be to write a 30-60-90 day plan and I am not sure how to get started. The job is Executive Assistant. Please help me!
Category: Job
Expert:  Chari410 replied 1 year ago.

Chari410 :

HiCustomer

Chari410 :

<p>The best way to customize a 30-60-90 day plan, is to review the company's mission and values, as well as the job description or job posting that they have for an Executive Assistant. Different industries and Executive Assistant jobs vary. The expectations of the Global President and/or his/her main priority may be for the Executive Assistant to deal with irate clients that try to contact him/her, or it could be to revamp their filing system, or may be to type up meeting minutes for all of his/her board meetings (it might be all of the above). My point is that, in order to impress him/her with a plan, you must know what his or her main priorities are. Otherwise you will risk putting together a plan that has nothing to do with what he or she would like for you to accomplish during the 30, 60, 90 days.

Customer:

He will be doing a lot of international travel to various countries so I have to manage his travel, calendar and expense reports to start. Then I was told that he like procedure and there are not many procedures set it so that is another thing that i would have to do.

Chari410 :

The first 30 days of the plan will involve training and understanding your new role as his assistant. Particularly day one should consist of sitting down with him to determine his absolute "do's and don'ts" regarding his travel calendar (i.e. does he like to have a hands on desk calendar because he absolutely despises computers, or his he a person that likes to use an electronic calendar or an ( iphone, outlook, groupwise, gmail, etc) . You will also learn the organizations processes and procedures relating to the methods that they use for conducting expense reports. For example: Do they have an accounting department in which travel arrangements must be submitted prior to the person traveling or are all documents submitted after the travel has already taken place. You'll be responsible for obtaining travel policy information and determining steps that are being used, but not documented. You should outline your method of what you will do in 30 days or less to familiarize yourself with the current policies, processes, and procedures. The next 30 days (60 day) should consist of how you will implement your expertise and knowledge in order to fulfill the goals of maintaining his calendar and developing procedures. The next 30 (90 -day) will outline how you plan to delve deeper into your day to day processes and responsibilities of helping to ensure that the travel/calendar procedures are working as planned and set in place methods for assessing and evaluating whether or not he approves of how you have been handling his calendar and travel.

Customer:

That sounds great and is a big help! Thank you Char410. BTW,Customerwas my hamster's name. I used it because when i first joined this website, it was to ask a question about her health. How can I change the name to mine?

Customer:

Please disregard my request to make the typing area bigger. It is bigger in my other email screen, but I still want to change my name. Thanks!

Chari410, Employment Services
Experience: Human Resource Consultant with over 20 years experience in employment services
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am a moderator for this topic. To better serve you, I forwarded your question about changing your account name to Customer Service where a Representative will contact you via email. No need to reply to this message. Thank you for your patience.