Michael, Employment Services
Experience:  Employment Services Professional

My wife is a part-time stay-at-home mom now so she can raise

My wife is a part-time stay-at-home mom now so she can raise our son. The major problem is that we both relied on her 2nd income to help sustain the family. We're both wondering what suggestions you may have for her besides the following (where most of the marketing is already done by the corporation):

-Real estate salesperson
-Cruise/vacation consultant
-Day-care provider (we don't want the liability, therefore, we ruled this one out)
Understand in this economy why a family would need a second income.

Your two choices you list are good in terms of career options and growth.

As for working in real estate, becoming an agent consists of passing an exam as well as complete a number of hours of real estate courses. Information on salary as well as helpful information is listed here by the Bureau of Labor Statistics:

As for becoming a travel agent, some classes may be necessary in order to have a licence to work in this industry. You can attend these courses either at a community college or adult school in your area.

Information that can assist you can be found here from the BLS:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok-thank you for the response, however, I would like some additional options/ideas from yourself.

While the idea of working as either a travel agent or real estate is a good move, here are some other occupations to consider:

Interior Designer
Personal Trainer
Life Coach
Day Care Center Operator
Bank Teller
Marketing and Sales Manager
Freelance Writer
Party Planner
Community Organizer
Professional Organizer
Administrative Assistant
Data Entry