Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor
Experience:  I used to write professional resumes.

Ive worked for this company for 10 years and I dont feel

I've worked for this company for 10 years and I don't feel like going to work any more. I've been taking antidepresants for the past 5 years and seeing a psychiatrist. I've even been on medical leave twice due to work related stress. I've worked days, nights, during vacation, during medical leave, while I was on maternity leave and suffering from post partum depression and I feel like I've gotten nothing but a slap in the face. I've been passed over from promotion three times and refused training when I was told I needed to improve my skills. My boss is a bully. She has treated me different from anyone else. When I asked for FMLA I was told I could not use that for maternity leave. I had to bring the regs and show it to her to prove her wrong. She gives me a hard time to take time off work. Unlike everyone else, I have to request time off when it's close to the time I need so I never have time to plan a vacation. She makes sure I'm close by to answer emails and questions. Up until now, I've never had anyone to learn anything from in my department. My boss is not experienced in the work I do. So IfI do something wrong, I am scolded. I've been figuring things out on my own for the past 10 years. A couple of weeks ago, they hired someone to manage me. I appreciate the fact that I FINALLY have someone to work with who knows what their doing. But this person treats me like I'm an incompetent fool because I'm not as well educated and trained as she is. I feell like this job has sucked the life out of me. I've trouble communicating with people, understanding instructions, I'm sad and miserable most times. I leave my desk to go to the bathroom and cry. I've no one to talk to because I work in the HR department and my boss is the head of HR. I've sacrificed so much for this company, gone above and beyond and they have taken so much from me there's gotta be some kind of recourse. Are employers really allowed to treat people like this?

Linda Roch : Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know and please leave positive feedback.
Linda Roch : Hello, I am so sorry to hear you are going through this
Linda Roch : While employers should not treat their employers in this manner, unless there is evidence of discrimination based on a protected class, there is little that can be done.
Linda Roch : If you feel that you are being discriminated against due to your sex, religion, race, color, age or handicap, it may be hard to move up in this company and you may want to think of changing companies as you seem to have a lot of experience in your field.
Linda Roch : If you do feel this is discrimination, contact an attorney and see if you have a case because if you bring htis up at work and start a case it may get even worse.
Linda Roch : You can also report discrimination at
Linda Roch : However, if there is no discrimination, I suggest trying to see if you can find another job in a similar position at a company who appreciates your work.