LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for more than a quarter of a century.

During and in the 1970s, when employers didnt put as

This is a general question for the general category. During and in the 1970s, when employers didn't put as much emphasis on having a college degree as they do today, I remember hearing about that it was not uncommon for a middle aged person to have a 10th grade education as his/her highest level of education, and yet still have at least a decent kind of a job where he/she was at least able to get his/her needs met. What are some examples of such jobs that these type of people were able to get during the 1970s? Can you name at least 8 examples of such jobs? Thank you for your assistance.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Here is a long list of careers/jobs that back in the 70s provided a livable income to the employee/worker. Granted, some of these jobs required a short training program, but did not demand a high school diploma to get a job:

Air Conditioning Mechanic
Animal Care Worker
Automotive Body Repairer
Bicycle Courier
Building Cleaning Worker
Carpet Installer
Child Care Worker
Diesel Mechanic
Elevator Installer
Elevator Repairman
Fishing Vessel Hand
Floral Designer
Food Machine Operator
Garbage Collector
Grounds Maintenance Worker
Heating Mechanic
Makeup Artist
Merchant Marine
Meter Reader
Pest Control Worker
Pipe Fitter
Pipe Layer
Security Guard
Sheet Metal Worker
Small Engine Mechanic
Taxi Driver
Vending Machine Repairman

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Jaime. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Thanks again.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.